1 [in combination] A person who hangs something: a wallpaper-hanger
More example sentences
- Decorators insist that you use their painters and wallpaper hangers, and that you buy from their show rooms.
- Howard is equally delighted by her two wallpaper hangers, the Beswick brothers, Len and Stan.
- Only the absolute, most experienced hangers even have a chance at doing this job.
2 (also coat hanger) A shaped piece of wood, plastic, or metal with a hook at the top, from which clothes may be hung in order to keep them in shape.
- If the door was locked, a coat hanger or garden tool was usually used to try to hook the keys.
- PC Flowers said that another method of stealing car or house keys was by pushing a coat hanger through letterboxes to hook keys off tables near the front doors.
- There was a bloke with his bicycle, a bag, and - this threw me a bit - a plastic coat hanger.
Words that rhyme with hangerbanger, clanger, ganger, hangar, haranguer, Sanger, Stavanger
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan