Definition of hangman in English:
noun (plural hangmen)
1An executioner who hangs condemned people.
- Well Diane, finally, how do you think that history will judge these people who were the hangmen?
- Mallick comes from a family of professional hangmen - his father, D. Mallick, had hanged nearly 500 people.
- If your community needs judges, jailers, or even hangmen, and you are qualified, he declares, sign up!
1.1 [mass noun] A game for two in which one player tries to guess the letters of a word, the other player recording failed attempts by drawing a gallows and someone hanging on it, line by line.
- The games include crosswords, hangman and cryptogram.
- Use washable window markers to make colorful creations that even passers-by can enjoy, or to play endless, paper-free games like tic-tac-toe and hangman.
- Arresting young children for a crayon drawing, not unlike the games of hangman we once all played, is the ultimate meaning and logic of Zero Tolerance.
Definition of hangman in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan