Definition of hangman in English:
noun (plural hangmen)
1An executioner who hangs condemned people.
- Well Diane, finally, how do you think that history will judge these people who were the hangmen?
- Mallick comes from a family of professional hangmen - his father, D. Mallick, had hanged nearly 500 people.
- If your community needs judges, jailers, or even hangmen, and you are qualified, he declares, sign up!
1.1 [mass noun] A game for two in which one player tries to guess the letters of a word, the other player recording failed attempts by drawing a gallows and someone hanging on it, line by line.
- The games include crosswords, hangman and cryptogram.
- Use washable window markers to make colorful creations that even passers-by can enjoy, or to play endless, paper-free games like tic-tac-toe and hangman.
- Arresting young children for a crayon drawing, not unlike the games of hangman we once all played, is the ultimate meaning and logic of Zero Tolerance.
Words that rhyme with hangmanhangmen
Definition of hangman in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.