- Forbidden or proscribed by Islamic law.More example sentences
- According to some Ulama, smoking is haram (strictly prohibited).
- When I heard about it, I prayed to God that no Muslims in America did it because such is haram [forbidden in Islam].
- First, it subjects the process of earning to certain divine injunctions, which clearly define the limits of halal and haram.
from Arabic ḥarām 'forbidden'. Compare with harem.
More definitions of haramDefinition of haram in:
- The US English dictionary