- British • informal Used to express sympathy over a petty matter: jolly hard cheese, better luck next time!More example sentences
- Of course, I trust them implicitly, just as I trust all experts with letters after their names, so I rang the Vat helpline. They said hard cheese, your accountants are right.
- Your obnoxious politician was quoted in an American blog as saying: ‘America is going to do what it likes or hard cheese.’
- This is hard cheese for many producers across the EU.
More definitions of hard cheeseDefinition of hard cheese in:
- The US English dictionary