- 1The most active, committed, or doctrinaire members of a group or movement: there is always a hard core of trusty stalwarts [as modifier]: a hard-core followingMore example sentences
- The Commission has reduced the fines imposed in the past where participants in cartels have played a reduced role in relation to the hard-core members.
- We know that most crime is committed by a hard-core group of repeat offenders.
- The Roman Catholics surprised everyone by electing a hard-core rightwinger as Pope.
- 2 (usually hardcore) [mass noun] Popular music that is experimental in nature and typically characterized by high volume and aggressive presentation.More example sentences
- And he's just got a nasty, hardcore, aggressive blues sound in his lead guitar playing.
- From dense post-modern electronica to hardcore techno, Planet Mu constantly surprises.
- I got a bunch of hardcore punk, ska and reggae playing guys and threw them the curve ball.
- 2.1Pornography of a very explicit kind: [as modifier]: hard-core pornMore example sentences
- Earlier, the state had censored videos that showed cruel violence and hard-core pornography.
- Computers fed my addiction to hard work, creative planning and hard-core pornography.
- Reality TV plays on a tension similar to Bell's description of hard-core pornography.
More definitions of hard coreDefinition of hard core in:
- The US English dictionary