- The bony front part of the palate.More example sentences
- Deglutition, the initial phase of the swallowing process, involves several striated muscles and cranial nerves, the hard palate and the larynx.
- The front part consists of a bony portion called the hard palate, with a fleshy rear part called the soft palate.
- The burning sensation often occurs in more than one oral site, with the anterior two thirds of the tongue, the anterior hard palate and the mucosa of the lower lip most frequently involved.
More definitions of hard palateDefinition of hard palate in:
- The US English dictionary