1Having a hard shell or outer casing: a hard-shell suitcase
More example sentences
- On a touring bike it was acceptable as long as the touring bike stuck to the script: Load up some panniers and don some bright yellow rain gear and a hard-shell helmet.
- Henderson said he was convinced that Fhima - who was found not guilty by three Scottish judges at a special court in the Netherlands last year - carried a brown hard-shell suitcase from his Malta apartment to the island's airport.
- Giaka, who Henderson contends was badly treated by the court, said Fhimah was carrying a brown, hard-shell suitcase.
2chiefly North American Rigid or uncompromising.
- USA Today found it ‘a gripping film’, while Variety opined that ‘once again, Damon scores in the title role by never courting audience sympathy and playing his all-American good looks against the hard-shell brutality of the character’.
- If Maryland wants to prove prognosticators wrong and make a run at another title, the Terrapins must forget their success and reaffirm their hard-shell attitude.
- And let's not forget that the hard-shell, soft-nugget strategy of corporate IT security has been successfully violated.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: hard-shell
Definition of hard-shell in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.