Definition of hard-shell in English:
1Having a hard shell or outer casing: a hard-shell suitcase
More example sentences
- On a touring bike it was acceptable as long as the touring bike stuck to the script: Load up some panniers and don some bright yellow rain gear and a hard-shell helmet.
- Henderson said he was convinced that Fhima - who was found not guilty by three Scottish judges at a special court in the Netherlands last year - carried a brown hard-shell suitcase from his Malta apartment to the island's airport.
- Giaka, who Henderson contends was badly treated by the court, said Fhimah was carrying a brown, hard-shell suitcase.
2chiefly North American Rigid or uncompromising.
- USA Today found it ‘a gripping film’, while Variety opined that ‘once again, Damon scores in the title role by never courting audience sympathy and playing his all-American good looks against the hard-shell brutality of the character’.
- If Maryland wants to prove prognosticators wrong and make a run at another title, the Terrapins must forget their success and reaffirm their hard-shell attitude.
- And let's not forget that the hard-shell, soft-nugget strategy of corporate IT security has been successfully violated.
Definition of hard-shell in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan