Definition of hardback in English:
A book bound in stiff covers: [as modifier]: a hardback edition
More example sentences
- Pimlico, noted for its paperback editions of previously published hardbacks, is making a name for itself in its ‘Pimlico Original’ series.
- Publisher Pete Crowther has done a print run of 300 hardbacks and 500 paperbacks.
- Harry Potter has already been on the cover of Time Magazine and achieved the unprecedented feat of occupying the top three places in the New York Times Book Review of bestselling hardbacks.
- In an edition bound in stiff covers: the novel was first published in hardback in 1981More example sentences
- Wisden Cricketers' Almanack 2003 was published by John Wisden on April 30, in hardback and soft cover.
- A one-volume abridged edition, the basis of this publication, was published in hardback in 1992.
- After the biography's first edition publication in hardback in November 1998, Communist Party records that were not available previously came into my possession.
Definition of hardback in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia