noun[mass noun] • dated
- Boldness; daring.More example sentences
- He was not only a very dexterous thief, but was notorious for his boldness and hardihood, and for the number of his previous convictions.
- Few nations have ever existed, who have evinced more indomitable courage or hardihood, or shown more devotion to the spirit of independence than the Iroquois.
- Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity and hardihood - the virtues that made America.
More definitions of hardihoodDefinition of hardihood in:
- The US English dictionary