- A member of a group, typically a political group, who adheres uncompromisingly to a set of ideas or policies: neither hardliners nor reformers would be likely to want him as their leaderMore example sentences
- Since then, his reforms have largely been stymied by theological and political hardliners.
- Of course hardliners of different political parties would have different views.
- Rice is National Security Advisor to President Bush, his closest White House influence and a hardliner on foreign policy.
More definitions of hardlinerDefinition of hardliner in:
- The US English dictionary