noun[mass noun] British
- Ground surfaced with a hard material for parking vehicles on: an area of hardstanding for a car [count noun]: the site includes a hardstandingMore example sentences
- The applicant Smart Planning, of Ongar, has submitted a design for a cul-de-sac street with 12 units, each with an amenity block and an area of concrete hardstanding.
- She said: ‘The playgroup is desperate to build some kind of hardstanding ground so the children can have a race track for their bikes, and I hope this will help.’
- Mr Ogden, who is now applying for planning permission for roads and hardstanding on the site, sat silently through the meeting.
More definitions of hardstandingDefinition of hardstanding in:
- The US English dictionary