(also haricot bean)
Definition of haricot in English:
1A French bean of a variety with small white seeds.
- I like to use asparagus and haricots verts, but you have to blanch them first.
- The ‘roast’ halibut looked a bit anaemic and was served on what is becoming a ubiquitous bland base for fish: leeks, haricots verts and asparagus.
- To make the haricot vert salad: In a bowl, combine the haricots verts, shallot, and walnut oil.
1.1The dried seed of haricot bean plants used as a vegetable.
- Mushrooms, carrots, spinach, turnips, cabbage, peas, haricots, lima beans, and different herbs were the most common vegetables.
- The salads featured haricot and broad beans as well as couscous, brown rice and a green salad.
- By using cooked or canned beans (red kidney, haricot, whatever) and chicken breast, it all cooks very quickly into a lovely winter dish that makes eating your greens a pleasure.
Definition of haricot in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India