- A keyboard instrument in which the notes are produced by air driven through metal reeds by foot-operated bellows.More example sentences
- Many of the pieces contain that strange instrument, the harmonium - so unfashionable now, but an item in many well-to-do 19 th-century homes.
- They include the drums, guitar, bass, keyboards, as well as many of the less traditional instruments such as block flute, harmonium and flugelhorn.
- Ms Joy Dhammapala plays piano and harmonium, keyboard music in the western and Sri Lankan traditions.
mid 19th century: from French, from Latin harmonia (see harmony) or Greek harmonios 'harmonious'.
More definitions of harmoniumDefinition of harmonium in:
- The US English dictionary