- An African bird of prey with a bare yellow face, resembling a goshawk but flying like a harrier.
More example sentences
- Genus Polyboroides, family Accipitridae: two species, in particular P. typus
- He said a trip from Hobart to the top of the Island will produce about 300 possums, 200 hedgehogs, a few hares and rabbits, the odd rat, cat, harrier hawk, duck, finches, starling myna, seagull etc.
- As the days cooled and shortened, Jock and Fly climbed the great hill through the lowering mists into the sunlight where harrier hawks and eaglets soared and Cheviot sheep browsed in this brilliant air.
- A harrier hawk has long legs, wings, and a long tail. When you see a harrier hawk fly, it is as if it is floating on the air.
More definitions of harrier hawkDefinition of harrier hawk in:
- The US English dictionary