- Unpleasantly rough or jarring to the ear: a harsh-sounding collection of metal and hip-hop tracksMore example sentences
- He suggested the word should be reclaimed purely as an insult, because it contains so many hard, harsh sounding consonants.
- "Kills" is a Dutch word for stream or estuary, but the specific words "Fresh Kills" were maybe a little harsh sounding.
- The Canadians have been very friendly and their accents tend to be quite harsh sounding.
More definitions of harsh-soundingDefinition of harsh-sounding in:
- The US English dictionary