- A person or thing considered to be outmoded or no longer of any significance: a political has-beenMore example sentences
- The Labour backbenches are now stuffed with the disappointed, the thwarted, the fired, the has-beens and those that were never likely to amount to anything in the first place.
- The show, which begins tomorrow and features the traditional line-up of has-beens and never-weres, is nonetheless set to attract a massive audience.
- He was the one genuine watchable talent in a particularly gruesome collection of minor career-boosting has-beens and wannabe-agains.
More definitions of has-beenDefinition of has-been in:
- The US English dictionary