(also hashed browns)
nounchiefly North American
- A dish of chopped cooked potatoes, typically with onions added, fried until brown.More example sentences
- I took my time eating a breakfast consisting of eggs, bacon, hash browns, salads, sandwiches, toasts and other stuff.
- I opted for the typical American breakfast of eggs, beef bacon, hashed browns, pancakes, and coffee.
- Let hash browns cook for the full time called for in the recipe before turning so they'll develop a nice brown crust (peek after about 4 minutes to make sure they don't burn).
More definitions of hash brownsDefinition of hash browns in:
- The US English dictionary