- (Of a leaf) having a narrow triangular shape like that of a spearhead.More example sentences
- The leaflets are ovate to lanceolate, sometimes hastate, and are subtended by inconspicuous stipels.
- Slender vine with hastate leaves [are] found in very specific scrub habitats on white sticky clay.
- We suggest that depth mostly to get adequate light to the seedlings with just hastate leaves.
late 18th century: from Latin hastatus, from hasta 'spear'.
More definitions of hastateDefinition of hastate in:
- The US English dictionary