noun (plural hatcheries)
- An installation or building in which the hatching of fish or poultry eggs is artificially controlled for commercial purposes: a hatchery where we buy day-old chicks a fish hatcheryMore example sentences
- The proposal to build big semi-submersible ships that would act as massive floating hatcheries and be used to restock the oceans with fish has been presented to the Spanish Government.
- The second block is a windowless building containing various controlled environments for animals, fly breeding and hatcheries.
- Creation of artificial hatcheries and placing restraining cages over nests proved counter-productive.
More definitions of hatcheryDefinition of hatchery in:
- The US English dictionary