- A crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence: legislation to stiffen penalties for persons convicted of hate crimes [mass noun]: why has hate crime increased?More example sentences
- Police are appealing for witnesses in what they think was a homophobic hate crime this week.
- This anonymous critic mistakenly used free speech as an excuse for committing a hate crime.
- A hate crime isn't just directed towards the actual members of a minority group.
More definitions of hate crimeDefinition of hate crime in:
- The US English dictionary