Definition of hate-watch in English:
verb[with object] informal
Watch (a television programme) for the sake of the enjoyment one derives from mocking or criticizing it: I hate-watched every single episode (as noun hate-watching) it was the year that hate-watching became our national pastime
More example sentences
- While some hate-watch, others watch for the fairy tale, no matter how contrived or how damaging it is.
- When it comes to shows people love to hate-watch, the news drama has become this season's must-see, only four episodes in.
- That's also why I don't recap every episode of every show I like or hate-watch: I don't write unless I have something to say.
- Example sentences
- Since 2009, he has become something of a legend among reality TV fans and hate-watchers alike.
- Any hate-watcher over the last few episodes should be crestfallen - the show has finally found its stride.
- The show's legion of hate-watchers will likely be quick to point out that we probably could have picked up on the basics of that message without having it spelled out for us.
Definition of hate-watch in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.