- A system of physical exercises and breathing control used in yoga: [as modifier]: hatha yoga exercisesMore example sentences
- I have always made it a point to convey to my students that these hatha yoga asanas (physical positions) and meditation methods spring from a vibrant, living religious tradition.
- Non-nutritional therapeutic strategies included tongue cleansing, skin brushing, massage, relaxation, breathing exercises and hatha yoga to aid toxin removal, improve stress levels and flexibility.
- According to Yoga Journal, hatha yoga emerged in the ninth century and is the foundation of the physical postures called asanas.
from Sanskrit haṭha 'force' and yoga.
More definitions of hatha yogaDefinition of hatha yoga in:
- The US English dictionary