noun(the haut monde)
- Fashionable society: the haut monde’s artificial hypocrisyMore example sentences
- Settling in Paris, she sold her merchandise to the haut monde, and cultivated people who could do her some good.
- Today it is not only the haut monde getting nipped and tucked, but also the average American.
- Tech stocks may tumble and recession may loom, but the appetite for le Birkin in the haut monde seems insatiable.
French, literally 'high world'.
More definitions of haut mondeDefinition of haut monde in:
- The US English dictionary