- High-quality cooking following the style of traditional French cuisine: chefs well versed in haute cuisineMore example sentences
- By 1900, skilled chefs were turning out elaborate multicourse meals in the style of French haute cuisine for the wealthy.
- Auguste Escoffier invented the French haute cuisine and extolled its virtues throughout Europe.
- We never meet the jury but we know have seen them around exam times and know they are older extremely traditional haute cuisine chefs.
French, literally 'high cookery'.
More definitions of haute cuisineDefinition of haute cuisine in:
- The US English dictionary