noun(usually the have-nots) • informal
- Economically disadvantaged people: the employed haves and the unemployed have-notsMore example sentences
- The more extreme the income inequality, the greater the psychic distance between the have-nots and the haves.
- But what came out of those years was an ever-wider gap between the incomes and experiences of the haves and the have-nots.
- John Edwards talked about two Americas divided by class, the haves and the have-nots.
More definitions of have-notsDefinition of have-nots in:
- The US English dictionary