- An inclined pipe leading from a hawse hole to the side of a ship, containing the shank of the anchor when the anchor is raised.More example sentences
- With this design, water passing up the hawsepipe went to the main deck, rather than below deck.
- The anchor is now stored touching the hull in three places and seated in the top of the hawsepipe.
- Examining the port side, the anchor chain can be seen to hang down from the hawsepipe a foot or so and then abruptly end without an anchor.
More definitions of hawsepipeDefinition of hawsepipe in:
- The US English dictionary