- The activity of mowing and drying grass to make hay: the local council declared the opening date for haying on the prairie lands [as modifier]: the haying seasonMore example sentences
- Managed haying and grazing is allowed under certain conditions.
- When selecting an alfalfa variety, consider whether it will be primarily grazed, or harvested with a combination of haying and grazing.
- Annual winter weeds are germinating rapidly, suggesting early weed pressure on grazing and haying crops.
More definitions of hayingDefinition of haying in:
- The US English dictionary