(also hazard warning light)
- Each of a pair of yellow flashing indicator lights on a vehicle, switched on simultaneously as a warning that the vehicle is stationary or unexpectedly slowing down or reversing.More example sentences
- He had switched on the hazard lights of the yellow removal van, while his passenger had got out and waved a warning to oncoming vehicles.
- He even managed to activate the hazard lights and windscreen wipers.
- The officer was unable to explain why he failed to see the hazard warning lights of the stationary cars.
More definitions of hazard lightDefinition of hazard light in:
- The US English dictionary