(North American also heads-up display)
- A display of instrument readings in an aircraft or vehicle that can be seen without lowering the eyes, typically through being projected on to the windscreen or visor.More example sentences
- Helmet-mounted heads-up displays project a virtual reality ‘soundscape’ of the battlefield.
- The cockpit is fitted with head-down displays and a head-up display from Smiths Industries.
- The cockpit is equipped with three multifunction displays and a head-up display.
More definitions of head-up displayDefinition of head-up display in:
- The US English dictionary