- An aggressive and forceful thrust with the top of the head into the face or body of another person: he tries a headbutt, which I dodgeMore example sentences
- Well I'm with Adam B - I don't think it was a particularly good headbutt - if indeed a headbutt can be good.
- I got a headbutt early on that cut my eye and the ref didn't respond like he's supposed to.
- Having recovered from the headbutt, it was followed up by an immediate thrusting of the defendant's hand into his face.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Attack (someone) with a headbutt: while I have him by the lapels I headbutt him across the faceMore example sentences
- Arming himself with a snooker cue he knocked on Mr Murphy's door, headbutted him and began an attack lasting more than five minutes.
- Because of a severe stroke he suffered in 2001 which left him unable to speak, he was unable to answer and the youth attacked him with a bottle before headbutting him several times.
- A disabled man was attacked by a laughing thug who punched and headbutted him to the ground.
More definitions of headbuttDefinition of headbutt in:
- The US English dictionary