nounBritish • informal
- A mentally ill or unstable person.More example sentences
madman/madwoman, maniac, lunatic• informal loony, nut, nutcase, nutjob, nutter, fruitcake, cuckoo, basket case, headbanger, schizo, crank, crackpot, oddball, weirdo, weirdie, sickoBritish • informal odd bodScottish • informal radgeUS • informal wing nutNorth American & Australian/New Zealand • informal dingbat• informal , • dated case
- Stop being such an emotional headcase, she mentally scolded herself.
- I refuse to accept that it can be statistically possible for the Conservative Party in the country to contain a higher percentage of headcases.
- The producers seem to take the most fragile of headcases from our TV slots and ram them into a house stuffed with other fragile headcases.
More definitions of headcaseDefinition of headcase in:
- The US English dictionary