- A control centre in a cable television system where various signals are brought together and monitored before being introduced into the cable network.More example sentences
- Those antennas deliver mobile cell phone signals that are transmitted back to the antennas and over the cable plant to the headend and into the Public Switched Telephone Network.
- Once the studios are comfortable with using those networks for internal purposes, the next obvious steps would include using these networks for distribution - to movie theatres, cable headends, or anywhere else.
- Instead, it would handle the transactions by pooling and directing customer orders through a network of servers located at MSO headends, all controlled by a central commerce center.
More definitions of headendDefinition of headend in:
- The US English dictionary