(also headlamp /ˈhɛdlamp/)
Definition of headlight in English:
A powerful light at the front of a motor vehicle or railway engine.
- All new models get a new front bumper design, new headlamps and tail lights, a new front grille and revised power vents.
- The most apparent changes are to the radiator grille design, with newly designed headlamps and tail lights, as well as refined interior fittings.
- Present-day motor vehicle headlamps are the product of a long evolutionary process.
like a deer (or rabbit) in the headlights
- Used to refer to a state of fear, panic, or confusion so extreme that it is impossible to act or think normally: faced with too many choices and not enough real information, we are like deer caught in the headlights his deer-in-the-headlights expressionMore example sentences
- Faced with the issue on the campaign trail, the visionary environmentalist looked like a deer in the headlights.
- She just stood there, terrified, like a deer in the headlights.
- All of a sudden there he was like a deer in the headlights.
Definition of headlight in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia