Definition of headlight in English:
A powerful light at the front of a motor vehicle or railway engine.
- All new models get a new front bumper design, new headlamps and tail lights, a new front grille and revised power vents.
- The most apparent changes are to the radiator grille design, with newly designed headlamps and tail lights, as well as refined interior fittings.
- Present-day motor vehicle headlamps are the product of a long evolutionary process.
- like a deer (or rabbit) in the headlights
- Used to refer to a state of fear, panic, or confusion so extreme that it is impossible to act or think normally: faced with too many choices and not enough real information, we are like deer caught in the headlights his deer-in-the-headlights expressionMore example sentences
- Faced with the issue on the campaign trail, the visionary environmentalist looked like a deer in the headlights.
- She just stood there, terrified, like a deer in the headlights.
- All of a sudden there he was like a deer in the headlights.
Definition of headlight in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.