A man who is the head teacher in a school.
- That night we had dinner with the headmaster and vice headmasters (1 school president and 3 vice presidents).
- Now all the naïve parents and teachers, including the headmasters and mistresses, can see what your ‘darling’ children are up too.
- Born in Lancashire, the son of the headmaster of Ripon Grammar School, Peter studied art at Leeds School of Art.
- Example sentences
- Under the headmasterly rule of His Excellency the Life President Ngwazi Dr Hastings Kamuzu Banda (to give him his official moniker), Malawi was peaceful, tidy, friendly, and decidedly old-fashioned.
- If Guthrie wishes to be seen as having left the world of hemline journalism behind him, now is his heaven-made chance to demonstrate a headmasterly fairness and impartiality - one that is quite clearly beyond Marr and the boys.
- But, even though she was reputed to be somewhat headmasterly over the usage of English, she had a charming and engaging social presence.
Words that rhyme with headmasterblaster, caster, castor, faster, grandmaster, master, pastor, plaster
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: head|master
Definition of headmaster in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.