- A device consisting of a pair of earphones joined by a band placed over the head, for listening to audio signals such as music or speech: I sloshed along the shore listening to Mozart on my headphones (as modifier headphone) a headphone socketMore example sentences
- One headphone on, one headphone off, we recorded late into that evening as we were ‘on a roll’.
- He was discovered in the back of the car wearing headphones still playing music from a mini disc player.
- She then leaned down to the bag at her feat and brought out a small laptop and a pair of headphones.
More definitions of headphoneDefinition of headphone in:
- The US English dictionary