- A sail on a ship’s foremast or bowsprit.More example sentences
- A larger headsail and cruising spinnaker are nice to have for beam reaching and running in light air but many owners find the mainsail and 120% jib work just fine.
- Early on, the wind filled to 18 knots and the yachts were forced to reef their mainsails and change headsails under difficult conditions.
- When the breeze picked up to 35 kts we dropped the spinnaker, gybed, set the headsail and started heading back inshore to catch the cold front moving in from the south-west.
More definitions of headsailDefinition of headsail in:
- The US English dictionary