- A wind blowing from directly in front, opposing forward motion.More example sentences
- With light headwinds and a strong southerly current, the crew had to work hard as we tacked, staying close to shore.
- It's a bit demoralising riding into the headwinds, and the sidewinds can be a frightening (being blown out into traffic being a Bad Thing).
- Through aspen hills heading toward the lake, we face headwinds blowing down from Dawson Pass, known as the windiest place in Glacier.
More definitions of headwindDefinition of headwind in:
- The US English dictionary