- 1 [mass noun] Activities taxing the mind; mental work.More example sentences
- I am worried about his headwork, but I have prepared for it, and will keep my head down.
- This recovery was the result of good headwork and great across-the-board CRM, and could easily stand on its own merits as an example of any of the seven critical CRM skills.
- For once, we used good headwork by climbing off the route and squawking emergency when it was obvious we no longer could continue on the route.
- 2 (headworks) Apparatus for controlling the flow of water in a river or canal.More example sentences
- Present Queensland legislation contains fairly specific provisions enabling local authorities to require contributions from development applicants in respect of water and sewerage headworks.
- While in Baghdad, [they] made a pyramid of the skulls of Baghdad's scholars, religious leaders, and poets, and… deliberately destroyed what remained of Iraq's canal headworks.
- The association has threatened that if the case was not withdrawn, canal water supply would be stopped by junior engineers from various headworks in the state.
More definitions of headworkDefinition of headwork in:
- The US English dictionary