noun[mass noun, often as modifier]
- The organized provision of medical care to individuals or a community: health-care professionalsMore example sentences
- The costs included the direct medical costs of health care within the programme and elsewhere.
- It will have wide effects, as Medicare pays for much health care in the United States.
- Not only do latex allergies threaten health-care workers, but patients are also at risk.
More definitions of health careDefinition of health care in:
- The US English dictionary