Definition of health service in English:
1A public service providing medical care: federal health policies should ensure the provision of adequate health services
More example sentences
- After all it is more economically sound to keep a public health service and it is much better for all concerned.
- As recently as three years ago some politicians could talk about the NHS as the finest health service in the world.
- Irish residents can use the card to get treatment in the public health service of any EU country.
1.1 (the health service) British short for National Health Service.
- Would these not be better spent on our universities, our health service and other public services?
- Few GPs seem impressed by the government's plans for the future of the health service.
- She did, however, pioneer family planning services in the early years of the health service.
Definition of health service in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia