1A public service providing medical care: federal health policies should ensure the provision of adequate health services
More example sentences
- After all it is more economically sound to keep a public health service and it is much better for all concerned.
- As recently as three years ago some politicians could talk about the NHS as the finest health service in the world.
- Irish residents can use the card to get treatment in the public health service of any EU country.
1.1 (the health service) British short for National Health Service.
- Would these not be better spent on our universities, our health service and other public services?
- Few GPs seem impressed by the government's plans for the future of the health service.
- She did, however, pioneer family planning services in the early years of the health service.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: health ser|vice
Definition of health service in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.