- But what I think he really wants me to know is that he's not selling the family silver without having had a good, long, hard, heart to heart with his conscience about it, and that I shouldn't think that he's a bad person by doing so.
- They had a heart to heart and told each other a lot of home truths.
- We had a bit of a heart to heart, so to speak, with the players on Tuesday night at training.
(Of a conversation) candid, intimate, and personal: a heart-to-heart chat
More example sentences
- In fact, we need heart-to-heart dialogues between friends, between teachers and students, between husbands and wives, between parents and children.
- He used to drive his children to school in order to get a chance to have heart-to-heart discussions with them.
- The happy and complacent resolution to the potentially tragic events, brought about apparently by a couple of five-minute heart-to-heart conversations, should satisfy no one.
A candid and intimate conversation.
- Over the years, there have been dances in the dining room, countless heart-to-hearts on the porch, weekends when 20 stayed over, some they even knew.
- I'm not saying you can't have honest heart-to-hearts.
- The rest is just a series of semi-connected, extremely well acted, half-finished arguments and incomplete heart-to-hearts.
Words that rhyme with heart-to-heartapart, apparat, art, baht, Bart, Barthes, cart, carte, chart, clart, dart, Eilat, fart, ghat, Gujarat, Gujrat, hart, Harte, heart, impart, Jat, kart, kyat, Maat, Mansart, mart, outsmart, part, quarte, salat, savate, Scart, smart, start, tart, zakat
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.