Definition of heartbreaker in English:
1A person who is very attractive but who is irresponsible in emotional relationships: he was such a heartbreaker, charming and incorrigible
More example sentences
- And I have had my heart broken nearly as often as I have been the heartbreaker.
- People of all sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, genders, nationalities and colors have the potential to be perennial heartbreakers or devoted lifelong partners.
- It's one thing if they're concerned your new dude is a real dud (he holds the running record for most days in detention) or a total heartbreaker (he's dumped his last six GFs like a bad habit).
2A story or event which causes overwhelming distress.
- This election was a heartbreaker, and the country is in for a very bumpy four years I'm afraid.
- Chocolate is definitely the heartbreaker when it comes to healthy eating habits.
- Yet it's entirely possible for Manhattan to go unbeaten the rest of the way, finish something like 26-3 - then drop a heartbreaker in the MAAC Tournament and not get an at-large bid.
Words that rhyme with heartbreakerboilermaker
Definition of heartbreaker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan