- 1A person who is very attractive but who is irresponsible in emotional relationships: he was such a heartbreaker, charming and incorrigibleMore example sentences
- And I have had my heart broken nearly as often as I have been the heartbreaker.
- People of all sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, genders, nationalities and colors have the potential to be perennial heartbreakers or devoted lifelong partners.
- It's one thing if they're concerned your new dude is a real dud (he holds the running record for most days in detention) or a total heartbreaker (he's dumped his last six GFs like a bad habit).
- 2A story or event which causes overwhelming distress.More example sentences
- This election was a heartbreaker, and the country is in for a very bumpy four years I'm afraid.
- Chocolate is definitely the heartbreaker when it comes to healthy eating habits.
- Yet it's entirely possible for Manhattan to go unbeaten the rest of the way, finish something like 26-3 - then drop a heartbreaker in the MAAC Tournament and not get an at-large bid.
More definitions of heartbreakerDefinition of heartbreaker in:
- The US English dictionary