- 1Made warm or hot: a heated swimming poolMore example sentences
- Faster-than-fast oriental food is on offer here with all the popular dishes keeping warm under heated lights.
- Among many other features including a heated seat and warm air dryer, it uses fuzzy logic to establish your pattern of use.
- Imagine stepping out of the shower onto a warm custom heated floor.
- 2Inflamed with passion or conviction: she had a heated argument with an officialMore example sentences
vehement, passionate, impassioned, animated, spirited, ‘lively’, intense, fiery; angry, bitter, furious, fierce, violent, frenzied, raging, stormy, tempestuousroused, animated, inflamed, worked up, wound up, keyed up; angry, furious, enraged
- Everywhere you go, you hear people of either side joined in animated discussion or heated argument on this issue.
- She repeatedly demonstrates that they are spiritually damning as the evils of heated passion often are not.
- During the passionate and often heated debate councillors stressed the increase was a result of recommendations made by an independent panel.
- More example sentences
- The world's major powers, through the Security Council, are publicly - and heatedly - debating a response to a major threat.
- Among the most heatedly debated question was: ‘What is the one most important thing to improve the health service?’
- These voters probably all massively, heatedly, psychotically disagree with one another about who should be president.