- A planet, star, or other celestial body.More example sentences
- In the coming months, astronomy enthusiasts are in for a string of rare celestial events involving the heavenly bodies in the solar system.
- In this application, a laser stationed on a satellite can orbit Earth (or other heavenly bodies such as the Moon or Mars) and direct a sequence of short optical pulses onto the surface.
- Topping the four-storied hall would be a dome onto which the newly developed Zeiss projector could beam the images of 4,500 fixed stars and various heavenly bodies.
More definitions of heavenly bodyDefinition of heavenly body in:
- The US English dictionary