adjectiveBritish • informal
- (Of a place) extremely crowded: the foyer was absolutely heaving with peopleMore example sentences
- In the heaving streets, people don't seem to carry shopping bags, though the bars and restaurants are bursting.
- The soldiers will find a heaving city of misery, mortars and stray bullets.
- I would have been happier if he had used his persuasive powers with the Lord to heal the heaving roads of Bangalore.
More definitions of heavingDefinition of heaving in:
- The US English dictionary