- 1The planting or trimming of hedges: contract work for hedging and ditchingMore example sentences
- ‘The grants will pay for up to 70% of the cost of hedging, walling, river management, weeding and mowing of grass areas where livestock has been excluded,’ he added.
- They will pay for up to 70 per cent of the cost of hedging, walling, river management, weeding and mowing of grass in villages where stock has been excluded.
- All through the winter the farm worker went hedging.
- 1.1Bushes and shrubs planted to form hedges: dense shrubbery and tall hedging offers concealmentMore example sentences
- Other features include extensive hedging, shrubs and colourful annuals.
- Sheltered by trees and shrubbery, with mature hedging on both sides, it has an extensive patio and is pleasantly secluded.
- The lawned front garden is surrounded by high hedging and offers off-street parking.
More definitions of hedgingDefinition of hedging in:
- The US English dictionary