Definition of hedonistic in English:
Engaged in the pursuit of pleasure; sensually self-indulgent: a hedonistic existence of booze, drugs, and parties
More example sentences
- Yet they help put the hedonistic excesses of the decade into proper perspective.
- He will lead a hedonistic life of unrestricted sense enjoyment, lording over everything and everyone.
- And if you get tired of all that festival stuff, we bring you a guide to Edinburgh that will point you in the direction of more hedonistic pursuits.
- Example sentences
- But the underlying issue here is about a woman who once allegedly described herself as a ‘virgin politician’, etching out characters who fall passionately and hedonistically in love.
- The best part was undoubtedly the sirloin steak with fresh grated horseradish and parsley butter; pink, juicy, hedonistically tender, with an intoxicating scent and flavour.
- It you like wines that hedonistically suggest chocolate and vanilla flavors, you'll love this thick, satisfying wine.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia