Engaged in the pursuit of pleasure; sensually self-indulgent: a hedonistic existence of booze, drugs, and parties
More example sentences
- Yet they help put the hedonistic excesses of the decade into proper perspective.
- He will lead a hedonistic life of unrestricted sense enjoyment, lording over everything and everyone.
- And if you get tired of all that festival stuff, we bring you a guide to Edinburgh that will point you in the direction of more hedonistic pursuits.
- Example sentences
- But the underlying issue here is about a woman who once allegedly described herself as a ‘virgin politician’, etching out characters who fall passionately and hedonistically in love.
- The best part was undoubtedly the sirloin steak with fresh grated horseradish and parsley butter; pink, juicy, hedonistically tender, with an intoxicating scent and flavour.
- It you like wines that hedonistically suggest chocolate and vanilla flavors, you'll love this thick, satisfying wine.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: he¦don|is¦tic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.