- Subject (a population, region, process, etc.) to a dominant political or social power: globalization hegemonizes and controls the urban as well as rural poor Britain’s rulers were quite prepared to aim at hegemonizing the Americas [no object]: colonialism sought to hegemonize through a process of acculturationMore example sentences
- The vested interest groups brainwash and hegemonize mass consciousness in the name of their parties or religion to keep them dormant/depoliticized.
- Liberal persuasion is nothing but a distorted communication and acceptance of the views of those who have the power to hegemonize in the realm of knowledge/power.
- Unfortunately, the party that has hegemonised the left vote for almost a century in America has nothing to offer on these issues.
More definitions of hegemonizeDefinition of hegemonize in:
- The US English dictionary