noun (plural heirs-at-law)
- An heir by right of blood, especially to the real property of an intestate.More example sentences
- The narrator notes that Mr. Smith is regarded by the community as her heir-at-law, or default heir.
- Notice to all heirs-at-law is not required, but all heirs-at-law must be named on the petition.
- The heirs-at-law are determined by kinship to the deceased and are set forth in the Code of Virginia.
More definitions of heir-at-lawDefinition of heir-at-law in:
- The US English dictionary