- A low evergreen shrub with saucer-shaped flowers, which is grown as an ornamental. Also called rock rose.
More example sentences
- Genus Helianthemum, family Cistaceae
- Helianthemum tends to be more compact with a stiffer, straighter appearance to the stems.
- More additions to the site will be coming soon including comprehensive guides to the cultivation and maintenance of Helianthemums.
modern Latin, from Greek hēlios 'sun' + anthemon 'flower' (because the flowers open in sunlight).
More definitions of helianthemumDefinition of helianthemum in:
- The US English dictionary